Sunshine Hospital’s healthcare team and patient coordinators take care of all the requirements of the patients and will explain everything in detail to the patient and their attendants about their admission, post-admission process, requirements of the patients post-hospitalization, tentative time of stay in the hospital, patient’s discharge date, post-discharge and follow-up dates, frequency of follow-up consultations, and so on. The medicines required at the time of discharge, their dosage and other instructions to be followed at home will be explained to the patient by the nurse in charge.
Patient Care Executives (PCEs) coordinate and ensure that all discharge arrangements would be made at least a day before your discharge date. We advise you to accompany someone with you: a family member or a friend on the day of discharge so that they would be informed about the dos and don’ts of post-discharge, the basic self-help techniques and health education.
Your duty nurse will inform you about the exact discharge time. Please note that the entire discharge procedure may take around 3 hours or more.
- Ensure that you have obtained all prescribed medicines from the outpatient pharmacy in the hospital premises before you leave the hospital.
- Dietician will counsel you and your family about the preparation of special diet at home and about how that should be taken. This will enable your quick recovery.
- Do take help from us regarding transportation for going back to home or if the patient has any other special needs.
- Have a better understanding of all the prospective problems you may have following your discharge and after going back to your home; and also take the phone numbers of the persons to whom you can contact if you need help.
- Make a note of everything that you should do before leaving the hospital.
- Before leaving the hospital ensure that all your belongings and personal items are with you. To ensure this, thoroughly check the bedside cabinets and wardrobes.
- Return all used hospital gowns, children’s pyjamas, baby vests and blankets and other items of the hospital.
- Pay all outstanding bills and don’t forget to take a receipt.